Saturday, May 29, 2010

When I Used To Have Moustache


      

                                                      Moustaches are sign of Manhood for many men, but for a child its a  nightmare. Thats what happened with me. My Father got transferred from Delhi to Betul( A District in Southern Madhya Pradesh) as he is a Govt. employee when i completed 6th Grade. So our whole family comprising my Parents and my elder Sis had and me shifted to Betul. Life was going fine in Betul as we had completely new place to live,with new friends,new School and new places to roam around.
As time passed and i was studying in 7th Grade some hair started emerging above my upper lips. Firstly i didn't noticed them but when my friends started making fun of me then i noticed it seriously. Suddenly they started growing bigger.
One day i went to my Friends home on my Bicycle,when i was about to return a child shouted to his friends " Muchhi wala Ladka"(In MP they used to call Muchhi as we call it here Muche) and they started making fun of me and were watching me as if they had seen some Alien. Disgusted i returned to my home.
My parents new about my Moustache but didn't cared about it, they thought its normal. When i used to go for Tuition's somebody from back row will shout " O Muchhad " or they will silently discuss about my Moustache, this made me sick. And hey there used to be many girls also who used to be in my tuition,what they must have thought about me ?
As i am from Western Uttar Pradesh we used to visit our relatives there every six months. Then same thing pertained there also, all my cousins made my fun, Even every relative used to comment on it.
This made me an introvert at that time and i stopped going outside. Then one day an Idea came to me. Why not just temper my Moustaches little bit. I went for Bath with Scissor and in front of Mirror i trimmed my Moustache. Out came I from Bathroom and my Parents glanced at me with a different look. My father started laughing and my mother gave me an Whack(I mean slap) I was caught offgaurd. How could u cut ur Moustache ? But i said  no i haven't done anything(how stupid i was,clearly my trimmed Moustache was visible)
But till now i couldn't understand why she slapped me that time(Don't u think that she is a rude mother, in fact she loves me more than anyone). But my plan failed. Time went by and i became more and more dumb guy,very shy, i could not face anybody. That period of my life was horrible for me.
My Best friend of that time still call me Muchhad whenever he calls me(Hey now i am an engineer and working, this story is around 10 years back)
Now i passed my Twelfth Grade and still i was having this Moustache. As i was grown up at that time i planned to get it off. So one day i went to Barber Shop(haan Nai ki dukan yaar) and said to him to shave it off. When i opened my eyes i could not recognise myself, i knew still hard times are ahead. Went to my home(this time everybody knew that i had gone for shaving my Moustache) and again everybody made my fun. When i went outside same thing happened again my friends laughed at me for looking very different. It took some time for normalcy.

Now 7 years have passed and i don't have a Moustache each day i have gained confidence and from an introvert i am in phase of becoming an extrovert.


3 comments:

  1. I digested everything else you wrote with added mirchi.But i would like to know one thing why aunty slapped you that day????????? aur it was a added ingredient???????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bhai i too don't have answer to your question.
    Just she thought i have made a terrible mistake.
    Those slaps always make you stronger.

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner