Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Year it was - 2011


I have been thinking of writing a year ending post since past week, time went by and because of work and my laziness I am here on the last day of this year writing this post. So as I am typing this line I don't have any idea what to write here. Just went through Karthicks New year post okay now I have some sort of knowledge what to write here.


During the start of the year I started preparing to get new Job as nothing was happening where I was working and I wanted to leave it for good. I was trying but was not sure whether I would be successful or not then came March 12[hope I am not wrong with the date] and I went for the interview, went well and few days after I got confirmation that they are interested in me. April 6[I am sure about this date] I joined my new workplace with apprehensions in my mind but little did I knew that It would be of my liking.


I was having this Sony Ericsson W200i phone since September 2007[my first phone] gifted by my Father and over the course of time phones have evolved a lot and you have smart phones now Android,Windows Phone, Symbians blah blah blah so I also started saving to have a smart phone of my own. In between I thought why should I waste so much of money for just a talking device but then I thought It was need of the hour and with few pushes from Manish I finally bought Samsung Galaxy Ace in August[4 years after my first phone] and whatever time I have spent with it have been[ummm sorry I don't have a word to express, its been very nice].


On the blogging front blog crossed 50k page views on October 2, second year of this blog and I have not written half of the post that I wrote last year[part of my laziness] although traffic on the blog has not decreased. Changed the template of my blog made it of minimal design[inspired by Shiraz Hassan blog]. I have came across many blogs this year most of them write very well, I try to comment on every blog I visit[unfortunately not everyone comment back]. There is a travel blog My Yatra Diary [One of the best around] run by Arti,  
this blog I visit regularly and is a must visit and I have learnt a lot by style of her blogging. What I have experienced about blogging is that you have to be patient and regular and everything else will follow back. As now I have an Ok kinda Camera with me all the time[My phone] and I live in this beautiful city Delhi I try to click some pics, what do I do with them ? I started one photo blog[link] and post them there.


Twitter my favorite place is still going on for me. Those who are there know what fun it is, you have each information there before any medium. Made many new friends on twitter and continued interacting with old mates[No I am not going to #FF anyone]. I had fights with my Best Buddy Manish on twitter which I cherish most and awaits for the next one as soon I finish one. To all the people who are wasting there time on Facebook >>>>>> mate you are missing something[and better be there only]. Okay not a #FF but just wanted to refer about Amit and Pritam while the former is a great Friend and Colleague latter is a twitter friend and once I met him accidently in #delhimetro both are very nice.


On the financial front as I joined this new workplace I got little more money then the previous one, but the expenditure has increased too so as I write this post my Bank Balance has decreased to the last year at the same time[and I am still unmarried]. I never had thought of earning grand I just want that much which would keep my family happy[and I don't know how much will keep them happy].


At last I would like to Pen down what I expect of the coming year. I always wanted to earn something from the Internet[now I am getting  greedy] don't know why maybe I have some kinda fear what would happen If I lose my job ? What would I want to purchase this New Year ? [let me think.............] okay so after a deep thought I want a Tee with my blogs domain and my Twitter handle on it [actually I want separate one for both]. Also I have this one wish for so long to learn a language[other than Hindi and English] now which language it would be ? I have thought about it - Urdu it is - I understand it a little but reading is the issue - I would take the help of my Paternal Uncle who had learnt it by his own[lets see If I could learn it]. Lastly I want to be more disciplined in my life[hardest of all] and in the coming Olympics I want India to win atleast 10 medals[second hardest thing].


And till then watch this space ................ 






6 comments:

  1. Today only came to know that you never #FF anyone on twitter.....never noticed there however.....n i request u atleast make me learn how to write my name in urdu once u learn it enough...... post from the heart....aur jaldi lele vo handle wali t shirt ,jab milengey to wahi pehenkar aana....okay......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes Saar why not, I'll make you learn whole of the language if I became successful in learning it.
    #FF you know doesn't work much hence the reason.
    Abhi Dilli mein bahut thand ho rhi hai, will purchase it in Summer : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the post and the bioscopic narration on the year that went by! Many thanks for all the kind words you mentioned about me Abhishek.. Felt really happy and honoured on reading it, thanks :) I have learnt a lot from wonderful bloggers like you too, and am really glad to have come across you.

    Here's wishing you and your family a very happy new year, keep blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Arti My Pleasure Arti.
    Looking forward to your Blog this year and me too will try to be regular here.
    Happy New Year to you and to your family too : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. a good one... thanks for mentioning my blog here... u have written this post far better than me...

    the way u have described it is just fantastic... u have become a twitter fanatic these days...

    wish u a belated happy new year and looking forward to ur posts this year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for liking the post Karthick.
    Yes I am always there on Twitter,kinda second home for me.
    Me too looking forward to your posts Karthick : )

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner